Factors That Matter to an HVAC System
HVAC systems typically last between 10 and 20 years, unless there are exceptional circumstances. A professional AC installation contractor points out factors that have an impact on this system’s lifespan.
Factors Affecting an HVAC System’s Lifespan
- A mishap during installation will have an impact not only on the system’s lifespan but also on safety. It is best to hire a certified professional to get things off to a good start and ensure that the equipment meets safety standards.
- Brands that produce high-quality goods go above and beyond to make items that last longer than “budget brands,” which may begin to crack and leak sooner.
- The system’s lifespan is greatly influenced by location. In coastal areas, salt exposure corrodes and clogs the system. Dust can also build up in dry and desert areas, reducing the system’s lifespan.
- Extremely hot or cold climates shorten the HVAC system’s lifespan because it has to work harder and for longer than it was designed to.
- You can save up on your energy bills by sealing doors and windows, installing thermal curtains, and having your walls, floors, and ceilings professionally insulated. Your system won’t have to work as much once the insulation is in place.
- Choosing some unacceptable size could bring about pointless mileage. If an air conditioner is too small, it might have to work harder than it should, putting pressure on its parts. On the other hand, continuous short cycling could cause large units to overheat.
- Neglect in maintenance and repair may be the most significant factor in this system’s early demise. The system’s lifespan can be greatly extended by performing annual professional maintenance and regular cleaning.
You and your family need to make a significant but crucial investment in an HVAC system. Triple AAA Heating and Air in Modesto, CA is your reliable AC installation contractor. Call us now at (209) 681-7000 for all your heating and cooling system service needs.